Sunday, November 05, 2006

Site of the Week: YourMovies.com.au

Hi all,

Before I get into this week's Site of the Week, a big happy birthday goes out to my good mate and best friend Glenn, who turned 27 this past Friday. It was a great bbq, a good night out, and it was a shame that Burswood couldn't deal us winning cards in blackjack.

And just a short rant on that. I can handle not winning a hand for 2-3 rounds. Maybe even 4-5 during a really bad streak. But 9 in a row?? Give me a break! I am so sticking to online gambling from now (only making the exception for birthdays and celebrations). Online gambling means:

1) I don't have to dress up, and can gamble in the comfort of my own home;
2) On the website I play poker on, I can play with as little as $2 and still have fun for ages;
3) When i'm not involved in hands, I can watch tv, listen to music (ie. do whatever else I want); and finally
4) The odds of winning are far greater, and gambling stops becoming fun when you lose! (at leaset when you start losing more than you win)

Anyway, enough about my gambling (I will include a couple of gambling-related sites for SOTW in the coming weeks), lets get onto this week's Site of the Week!

Site of the Week: YourMovies.com.au
Site URL: http://www.yourmovies.com.au/

Visit this site if...: Admittedly, this site if catered more for the Australian readers of this site, in that it provides session times for movies at all cinemas in Australia. However, it also contains reviews and previews for movies that are on, or are about to be released at cinemas, so there is a bit in this site for everyone.

Synopsis: I found this website while visiting some search engine called Google (you guys might want to try it, its quite good, possible Site of the Week worthy! :P), when I needed to find out about the cinema times for a cinema north of the river here in Perth (over here, Greater Union are the cinemas that are north of the river; whilst Hoyts is the cinema chain south of the river. However, they aren't the only 2 cinema chains, with other chains of Readings, Grand etc popping up all over the joint). Anyway, not being certain which cinema I needed to search for, I decided to head on over to Google and search for "movie session times" in Australia, and hey presto, this was the first site listed.

For Australian readers of this site, when your first visit YourMovies, I encourage you to click on your state on the map that appears on the home page, so that you can set up the session time search parameters to best suit you. To the best of my knowledge, the site retains your special settings as long as you have cookies enabled and don't delete your temp files all that often.

From here on, the site is an easy one to navigate. If you want to search for session times, go to the bottom of the home page. If you want to read the reviews on movies before deciding whether its worthwhile seeing a particular movie, do that. If you'd rather watch a trailer instead of reading the review, do that, as this site has trailers in the easy to watch WMV format. Need to know when a movie is being released? Simply check that section of the website out. It has release dates going all the way to 2008!!

That concludes another Site of the Week review for this week. Hope you all enjoyed it, and until next time, good bye (yes, an english farewell this week!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An English farewell, are you nuts?

But another good find. You've inspired me to go to the cinema this week.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 5:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home